An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Eastern Airways team at Humberside Airport, we are looking to accept applications for an
OPERATIONS CONTROLLER (Pilot apprentice)
Must hold a valid frozen ATPL and please include your flying hours in application.
Well educated, with strong numeration and computer skills, you will need to be an astute individual, who is situationally aware and able to expeditiously resolve problems under pressure. Your excellent co-ordination and communication skills will be constantly drawn upon to maintain schedule integrity in a dynamic environment. Working under your own initiative and as part of a strong team, you will draw upon the many resources available to you to aid your decision making. With over 140 flights per day, the role of Operations Controller is to ensure that the airline’s schedule and charter network runs to schedule whilst considering the Safety, Legal and Commercial implications of your actions.
During your employment you will be trained as an operations controller however you will also be shown other departments and how their roles fit in within an airline. You will be required to complete a SIM assessment before commencing flying training and during your employment in operations will be monitored by the flight ops department to ensure you are suitable for flying.
The position will be shift based with a competitive salary. Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview and spend time prior to employment within the Department.
- Maintain an accurate flight watch of all company aircraft
- Co-ordinate the expeditious recovery of schedule and charter flights during disruption to minimise delays and passenger inconvenience
- Flight Planning
- Arrange handling, PPR and overflight permits
- Acquire and manage runway slots for ad-hoc flights
- Arrange crew HOTAC and transport as required
- Weather and NOTAM monitoring
- Manage ATC slots using CFMU
- Liaise with all departments within the company, customers, and 3rd Party providers
Whilst previous experience in an Operations role is preferred it is not essential as full training will be given.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
If you are interested in a career within Operations, please send CV, covering letter and current salary details to:
Closing Date: 5th April 2019