Please note that you should not provide any of your personal data by any means mentioned above if you do not agree with any of the aspects mentioned in this Notice.
The personal information that we collect from and about you
Any information that is necessary to facilitate your business at Humberside Airport. Accordingly, we may collect the below information for legitimate business purposes:
- Basic contact details including your name, addresses, contact numbers including residential and mobile, and also email addresses
- Payment details – credit or debit card details, including the type of the card, number of the card, 3-digit security code and expiry date
- Passport details and/or other identification document details
- Car Registration number(s)
- Relevant details explicitly provided by you for any other purposes. For example, the details pertaining to your participation in one of our competitions
- Information about your browsing behavior on our website
Other sources of personal data
- We may use personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, retail partners and public registers
- If you log-in using your social network credentials to connect to our platforms and online services eg Facebook and Twitter, you will agree to share your user details with us. For example, your name, email address, date of birth, location and any other information you choose to share with us
- We may use CCTV images, IP Address and browser details collected in or in the immediate vicinity of the airport.
Sources of collecting your information
In general, we collect your information for the business purpose and in order to carry out our regular business functions. The below listed sources will be used to collect your personal information:
- When you enquire with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email for any airport related purposes or in general
- When you book a training or landing at Humberside Airport
- When you book car parking, purchase fuel, landing contract or any other airport related service
- When you submit your personal information via our websites or any affiliated websites
- When you participate in any of our competitions via our website, affiliated websites or our social media channels
- When you subscribe to our newsletters to receive our promotions and marketing materials
- When you provide feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
It becomes your responsibility to keep us informed with immediate effect in instances where your personal data is shared with us by a third party without your consent.
Protection of personal information
All personal information given to us over the internet is protected to ensure your privacy and safe transmission. Your information will be stored on secure file services protected by industry standard firewalls. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to inquire about the details we hold on you.
Your payment details
If payment is required for a transaction undertaken at the airport, we may collect payment details from you including your credit or debit card details. Humberside Airport will only use this information to gain payment for services rendered and your credit or debit card details will be destroyed once payment is taken unless written confirmation is received authorizing the retention of the data. When retention of the data is authorised the details will be kept secure in a locked safe.
We will not request your payment details via email and we urge you not to send such information via email.
When you make a car park or other HUY product booking on-line with us, we collect information about each transaction but we do not store your full payment card details on our server in any way. We do, though, over a secure encrypted link pass your full card details to our third party payment processor (Datacash), which processes your payment.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”)
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
To exercise any of your above rights, you should email email@example.com
Using your personal information
Any of your personal information which you submit to us via any of the means detailed above will only be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice.
We may use your personal information in instances where:
- It becomes necessary to confirm your booking or provide you with the products and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for
- We need to process your payment
- It becomes necessary to comply with certain legal obligations
- It becomes important to give certain travel advice and notices
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the airport website
- Provide you with the services available at the airport and purchased through our airport website
- Send statements, invoices and remittance advice to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you any news relating to our business which may be of interest to you, where you have signed up for such information via email or other means. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications at any time
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud, other crimes and misuse of our services
- Respond to and to manage security operations, accidents or other similar incidents, including for medical and insurance purposes.
- Carry out market research and internal research and development, and to develop and improve our product range, services, shop, IT systems, security and the way we communicate with you.
- Review CCTV images to help maintain the safety of anyone working in or visiting the airport premises and other buildings, and for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences. Such images may also be used to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
At no time will we provide your personal information to a third party unless you have provided us with your express consent.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. Payment details provided to us will only include the last four digits of the debit or credit card.
We may use your personal data to personalise your experience with us
We want to ensure that our marketing communications relating to our products and services are relevant to you and your interests. To do this we may use your personal data to better understand your interests so that we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in. By reviewing your browsing behavior we have a better understanding of you as a customer and this allows us to provide you with personalized offers and services which may become available. If you do not want to receive personalized information from us, you can unsubscribe by or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. We will update your record accordingly.
To make contact and interact with you
We want to offer you the best service that we can, so if you contact us we may use your personal data to provide clarification or assistance to you. To help us to better understand you as a customer, we may combine the personal data we collect when you make purchases from us with personal data collected from our website and other sources. We will not sell any of your personal data to third parties.
Communication relating to marketing
When you book or register with us we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communication. We may send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways, including via email. We may also send you information about other companies’ products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We will only do this is you have previously agreed to receive such marketing communication from us. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the instruction on any marketing material received or writing an email to email@example.com. We will action this accordingly.
We may contact you so that we can receive your views on how we can improve our products and services. You are not obliged to take part in any market research correspondence.
Sharing your personal data with other suppliers and partners
In order for us to provide you with products and services that you have requested, we may share your personal data with other suppliers for your travel arrangements which may include handling agents and transport companies. We may need to share your personal data to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; this may include sharing personal data to other organisations for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk. When we share your personal data with other organisations we require them to keep it safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own purposes.
Sharing your personal data with regulatory authorities
It may be mandatory to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which are determined as appropriate. We may also share the minimum personal data necessary with other public authorities if the law says we must, or we are legally allowed to do so.
Sharing your personal data with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
When you buy products or services from us, we may share your personal data with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. That means looking in to any records that we hold about you and your records with credit reference agencies (CRAs) or fraud prevention agencies (FRAs). We may also conduct checks to confirm your identity. If any of the data you provide is false or inaccurate, this will be passed on to FPAs or law enforcement agencies.
Protecting your personal data
We will take appropriate security measures to enable us to protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside of the EEA. It may also be processed by organisations operating outside the EEA who work with or for us. We will put in place appropriate protections to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected and that it is treated in line with this Privacy Notice. These protections include, but are not limited to, appropriate contract clauses and appropriate security measures.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the content of this Privacy Notice and to meet legal and regulatory requirements. After this period, all personal data will be securely disposed of. If any data is required for analytical or any other legitimate business purpose, we will take necessary measures to ensure its anonymity.
Subject Access Request – SAR
You have the right to request a copy of any personal data that we hold about you; this is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). If you would like to submit a SAR, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as much information as possible to help us to identify and locate your personal data. This data will be provided to you free of charge within one month of receiving your request. However, we may consider applying a reasonable charge should you require additional copies or where your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We do have the right to refuse your request should it be considered manifestly unfounded or excessive; should this be the case we will explain this to you and advise you or your right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
Legal basis for processing personal data
We will only collect and use your personal data if at least one of the following conditions apply:
- We have received your consent
- It is necessary for a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering in to a contract
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another individual
- It is in the public interest or we have official authority
- It is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests and these are not overridden by your interests or rights
Special categories of personal data
Special categories could include; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, mobility, health data.
Where we need to process special personal data, we will only do so if one or more additional conditions apply. This could be where we have your specific consent; where it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another individual and you are physically or legally incapable of giving this consent; it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or would like to exercise any of your rights as detailed in this Notice, please contact email@example.com