Please note by applying for this job you are accepting the terms of our recruitment policy. Please take the time to read this policy before applying.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR VACANCIES IN THE SECURITY DEPARTMENT FOR:
AVIATION SECURITY OFFICERS
Reporting to the Terminal Team Leader and Terminal Supervisor, the main responsibilities and duties include:
- Carry out various Security and Customer Services functions.
- Comply with the Airport Security Programme and Standing Orders.
- Report all equipment defects and procedural deficiencies according to established reporting procedures.
- Provide excellent customer services.
Key skills required:
- Experience of working in a disciplined, team environment.
- Ability to learn and follow set procedures.
- Flexibility, friendliness and willingness to help.
- Well motivated, good team player.
- Level 1 Aviation Ground Security Operatives training an advantage, but not essential, as training is provided.
- Well-developed communications and customer service skills.
- Category B Driving Licence.
Initial contracts would be on a 6-month probationary period with a view to a permanent contract. 40 hour, 30 hour and 20 hour contracts are available, all of which will include some weekend working, early morning and evening shifts, based on a rotating shift roster. Employment is subject to successfully clearing background checks, a full medical including drug testing and colour perception checks and successful completion of training. Starting pay is £7.90/hr.
The Security department provides security services for the airport site, including airport buildings and adjacent airside and landside areas, as well as providing a wide range of support services for customers. Closing date for applications is:
Friday 6th July 2018
If interested, please forward your cv with covering letter to:
Quoting Ref: “HIAL” as the subject